spring 2025: get outside you cretin, it's been a hot one

doing more with the hands, and less with the head 

At this time, I found the inside of my head a somewhat challenging place to be. Anxiety, something we all feel at different times, before a job interview or after reading the news or something. Anxiety is also something constant and warping, and almost a war within. I'm not the first or best person to write on this cloudy and complex experience, though I'd like to be more authentic with myself and to those around me. Anxiety is a part of health and a part of me, I guess. Its grip is potentially constant in my life, and it has come back with a greater strength than in some past years. 

So, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU DO ABOUT IT? My choice has been to get outside. To try and get better at using my body and putting less pressure on my head. 'doing more with the hands, and less with the head'. That has been my goal. Spending more time outside and moving around, taking space to notice the world around me. 

March 
- Blur 
- Needing change so damn bad 
- Im taking a break from uni and doing my dis when I feel like it 
- Start volunteering 


home cycling with friends 


i built this wee bench

did i mention that i have been falling in love, and my bike comes for the ride too 


April 
- Visiting family 
- Trying to ground 
- Remove the vise grips of anxiety 
- Spending time outside 
        - I did lent for the first time, it was difficult and i appreciate the experience 

camping in West Yorkshire 

my parents dog sticks her tongue out absent-mindedly 

rebirth 

May 
- Started a conservation course in Sheffield 
- De-digitise 
Wild swimming 
        - Bird watching 
Oz n leeds converge 

the legality of trans rights is under threat in the UK because of JK fucking Rowling donating her money to TERF lobbyists 




our kitchen is soooooooooooo0oo the heart of our house

conervation course <3



Loved ones, thank you for your support and wisdom, for your kindness and patience. 

Thank you for reading.

disclaimer - as always, spelling mistakes are none of my damn business 




Comments